Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Publish or ePublish?

I have a mitten pattern that's currently being tested and it's going great. It actually feels more like a KAL than a test which I really like. The testing is nearing completion and now I have a question... the WAY I should release the pattern.

Only thing, is I have another motif charted for these mitts. Should I test the motif in a separate test and publish two different patterns, or merge the patterns?

There is also a matching double knitted snowboarder hat boasting these two motifs. My thought is maybe publish two hat and mitten sets.

My real wish is to hang on to these patterns, then release them as a downloadable ebook. I would LOVE to have these for sale both on my site (if it ever gets up and running) and possibly Amazon. I would have to research that possibility to find out what's involved.

My rav & yahoo friend Kelly Klem is a published designer working on publishing her first hard cover book. I'm so happy for her and I know she'll do very well, she's a talented designer! But for me... I know there's a lot of information out there but also a lot of costs involved depending on how you choose to publish. That's one reason I don't think my first 'book' will be hardcover.

How about selling my patterns from this 'Legend Series' as a book for Kindle users? Now that idea I'm really interested in!

There's a lot of research to do. I can do that as I add to the 'Legend Series' patterns, work on layout, editing, testing, cover design, sample production and the photoshoots. I'm sure I missed something lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment