Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another Lace Shawl Design





I started this design in April and finished it completely - pattern and all on June 24. It's being test knitted now on Ravelry - yay! It's called "Lush" for the big green leaves, acorns and smaller leaves making up the border.


Here's a close up of the stitch pattern - my favorite is the viny branch that winds it's way up the pattern.


I used acrylic to make it, since I was designing and experimenting with different methods of decreasing and increasing and tweeking the shape. I had to undo/redo lots and don't like to put that much stress on nicer yarn.

So I used Red Heart soft touch which is a light worsted - I'd call it DK and it has a great sheen to it which really shows off the pattern. After washing it was so soft and drapey! I'm surprised how well the Red Heart did. And it's so light too!

It's 5'8" long and 21" wide unstretched. In a natural fiber, stretched a little it could be huge!
hmmm what should I work on next? I'm considering a cardigan in this stitch pattern... we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. The shawl is gorgeous and the color really sings! Found you through Ravelry, so will "friend" you so that your blog updates will show on my friends' page.

    Am also a new "follower"; onward and upwards with knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I want to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely comments! Thank you so much, I'm looking forward to finally publishing this pattern in the next few days I hope!

    ReplyDelete