Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My boat anchor

What a gorgeous day today! I went to our tiny little library to try to find a book or two on preparing raw fleece and spinning. They don't have any but ordered a couple of selections through inter-library loans. Patience is a virtue, right?


Well over the last couple of days, I've been playing with my new little boat anchor (Ashford spindle) and was quite pleased with my progress! Hey - I can now make my very own novelty yarn! LOL


Of course there's lots of room for improvement AND I'm not the quickest spinner on the planet - heck, I don't classify myself as a spinner yet! I don't think it happens in just a couple of short sessions for a couple of days. I'm determined though, I'm going to keep trying.

My very FIRST spinning was done a few days ago and it's the banner picture for my blog. I decided to just jump into the fire and try 3-plying. *WELL* No guts-no glory right? Well, I had the guts, but the "glory" didn't quite manifest itself.

I laughed so hard when I saw the result - I just HAD to save it.





Yes, I even set the twist... so I'm keeping this tiny skein as a measure of my future progress.







It looks better coiled up eh? he he he

1 comment:

  1. You better save that skein, it will remind you of how far you came someday! Practice is the only way to get better, and you are working with the hardest spindle there is out there - so give yourself some credit too!

    ReplyDelete